Fiona Jacobs - Sports Physiotherapist
- Australian Physiotherapy Association Titled Sports Physiotherapist
- Masters of Physiotherapy (Sports) (La Trobe University)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (with Honours) (University of Melbourne)
- Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
- DMA (Dance Medicine Australia) Pilates Qualifications
- Certificate in dry-needling
Fiona consults from the Essendon clinic on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Fiona joined the Melbourne Sports Physiotherapy team in 2015. Fiona utilises manual therapy skills and dry needling, biomechanical assessment and specific exercise to treat acute and chronic sporting and musculoskeletal conditions. She has extensive experience working in elite sport and performance medicine. She is passionate about developing athletes both recreational and elite, to their fullest potential.
Fiona has been appointed the AFL Women’s team head physiotherapist at the Western Bulldogs Football Club for their inaugural season, following a very successful season working with the VFL and AFL premiership sides in 2016.
This follows a successful stint working overseas with the circus in 2014 and 2015, travelling with the Cirque du Soleil’s Big Top show “Corteo” through South America as Performance Medicine Supervisor and Head Therapist.
Previously, Fiona had worked many years with various sporting teams and elite programs.
- AIS AFL Academy and associated development programs (Kickstart Indigenous Program, Women’s Academy, Draft combine),
- Victoria Amateurs Football Association (VAFA) football teams and representative squads (St. Kevins Old Boys, Old Melburnians, Powerhouse football club, VAFA representative team physio to Ireland trip in 2013, U19s state team physio to Tasmania in 2014).
- Gymnastics Victoria (State team physio for Trampoline, Acrobatics, and Rhythmic Gymnastics 2009-2014)
- EKGA gymnastics
- Victorian Women’s High Performance Centre (now known as the National Centre of Excellence) elite women’s gymnastics program
- Flying Trapeze/Circus Arts physio to the Australian Flying Trapeze Centre (Fly Factory)
- Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) sponsored athletes
Her special interests include:
- Sports injuries
- Training load management and return to sports programs
- Adolescent athletes and active kids
- Screening and injury prevention programs
- Clinical Pilates
At Melbourne Sports Physiotherapy, Fiona offers 30 minute clinical consultations from the Essendon rooms. She also instructs one-on-sessions and small group studio pilates classes of up to 3 people.
Email: Fiona@melbournesportsphysiotherapy.com.au Book an Appointment with Fiona Jacobs