Claire mc Guinness - Physiotherapist
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (University of Liverpool)
- Certificate of Health and Physiology, with Honours (Carlow Institute of Technology)
- Clinical Pilates Instructor (APPI)
- Yoga Alliance Approved Teacher Training (Yandarra Yoga Institute)
- Yoga Alliance Approved Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training (Classical Yoga Institute)
Claire Mc Guinness is a physiotherapist who joined Melbourne Sports Physiotherapy (Essendon) in late 2016. Claire graduated from the University of Liverpool in 2004. She has clinical experience in both private practice and hospital settings in Sligo, Ireland, as well as the world of sports physiotherapy,
Her major area of interest are Clinical Pilates and yoga, which allow her to have a special focus on spinal conditions, especially lower back pain and neck pain. Claire finds that utilising aspects of traditional physiotherapy with clinical pilate and yoga, allows for a faster return to activity and quicker recovery for low back pain. Claire uses targeted exercise programs to facilitate core stability strength and endurance. At the Essendon clinic of Melbourne Sports Physiotherapy , she undertakes initial consultations for pilates as well as conducting individual and small group clinical Pilates classes utilising reformers and Cadillac Trapeze table.
Outside of physiotherapy, she loves her surfing, travelling, cooking, practising yoga and reading.
Email: Claire@melbournesportsphysiotherapy.com.au Book an Appointment with Claire Mc Guinness