Fees & FAQs: Melbourne Sports Physiotherapy
At Melbourne Sports Physiotherapy, all of our services have the capacity to be claimed via your private health insurance (depending on your individual coverage). HICAPS facilities are available in the Essendon and Blackburn South rooms.
- A Referral is NOT required for Physiotherapy, Massage or Clinical Pilates services (except for Veteran's affairs patients)
- Students, Pensioners & Members of Associated Clubs receive a $5 discount.
- We treat all Workcover and TAC claims (please call for details as a Gap fee may apply).
- Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) and Medicare (EPC) consultations are accepted for physiotherapy (requires a GP referral).
- We service all private health funds (BUPA, Medibank, HCF, HBA, NIB, AHF, etc.)
- HCF members receive One NO GAP Initial Consultation per calendar year (Essendon & Blackburn clinics).
- We know your time is precious, and so is ours. If you fail to attend an appointment or give notice of your non-attendance on the day of your consultation, a cancellation fee of 100% will be charged to your account. We are a busy clinic and have people waiting for appointments, so we appreciate a phone call if you are unable to attend or if you are running late to your appointment.
Fee Schedule: Physiotherapy, Remedial Massage & Clinical Pilates (Essendon & Blackburn South)
Melbourne Sports Physiotherapy Fee Schedule: Effective 1st July 2017
|Physiotherapy Initial||30 mins||$95|
|Physiotherapy Review||20-30 mins||$88|
|Sports Physiotherapy Initial||30 mins||$95|
|Sports Physiotherapy Review||20-30 mins||$85|
|Extended Physio Consult (2 or more injuries)||55-60 mins||
|Headache Specific Initial Consult||60 mins||$155|
|Remedial Massage 30 minutes||30 mins||$65|
|Remedial Massage 45 minutes||45 mins||$80|
|Remedial Massage 60 minutes||60 mins||$95|
|Remedial Massage 90 minutes||90 mins||$135|
|Pilates- INITIAL Assessment||30 mins||$95|
|Pilates- One on One Consult (prior to Classes)||30 mins||$85|
|Pilates- One on One - 3x pre-paid sessions||30 mins||$225|
|Pilates Class- Casual session (max 4 clients)||45 mins||$42|
|Pilates Class- 5x pre-paid sessions (max 4 clients)**||45 mins||$200|
|Pilates Class- 10x pre-paid sessions (max 4 clients)****||45 mins||$380|
|** Expires 3 months **** Expires 6 months|
What should I bring to my consultation?
Please bring along any relevant scans and/or reports, imaging, Xrays etc, or referral letters you may have. Any intra-operative photos from any procedures you may have had are also very helpful to give us a more in-depth understanding of your condition. If you are coming to see us for a lower limb or lumbar spine issue, please bring your runners/sports shoes along for evaluation.
If you are attending the clinic under Workcover, TAC or DVA please bring all associated documents.
What should I wear?
We may need to expose your injured body part in order to correctly diagnose and treat you. Depending on the condition we are treating, will depend on how much clothing may need to be removed. If you have a lower limb problem, then shorts are appropriate. If you have a neck or shoulder problem, females please wear a singlet with small straps. You are able to change into your clothes prior to the consultation. We strive to maintain your modesty and comfort at all times.
What happens if you can't assist me to get better?
We are very confident of the quality of our services, though we know that we can't cure every single person that attends the clinic. We strive to give you a firm diagnosis as early as possible. If we can't significantly improve your condition in 3 weeks, we will refer you to a GP, Sports Doctor, Orthopaedic Specialist or Consultant for their opinion. We know your health, time and finances are important, so we don't waste your time. We have an excellent referral network across Melbourne to help solve even the most stubborn and difficult conditions. Please contact the clinic if you have any questions.
How do I communicate with my therapist?
If you have a query or question, please contact the clinic via phone. Due to medico-legal requirements, we do not give advice or diagnostic information via email. Your therapist may ask you to update them via email for a progress report to make sure you are getting the best possible outcomes.